Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cords and the Electric Grid

Early this morning I talked on the cell phone which had been plugged in for recharging the night before. I fumbled with my new Bluetooth earpiece which had been recharged last evening. I soon was vacuuming away with the fully charged Shark hand dynamo. I began to think about my wants and “needs” around electricity and to count the cords. So far, three cords: cell phone, Bluetooth, vacuum cleaner.

I began working on my Blog on the MacAir. First, I had to unplug the computer from the electric recharging cord. I transferred digital camera pictures from yesterday's adventures to the computer. Cords four and five: computer and camera. Loaded a newly charged battery into the camera so I wouldn't run out of power at a vital moment in picture taking history. Though a cord wasn't in sight, the power pack had been plugged in. Number 6 and it wasn't yet 9 AM.

I pulled the Mr. Coffee out from its storage place in the only closet and, you guessed it, plugged it in. Bill would soon have his morning strong, bold, non-decaf coffee. I had racked up #7. The rice cooker was next as I have learned that it makes the best oatmeal ever. (Thank you, Mary Anne!) That left the microwave, my former method, unused. Gads! That made cords 8 and 9!! Dinner will be soon prepared in the crock pot. TEN. Instead of cooking, I'll be knitting (no cords) or reading on the NOOK. Yep. It has its own cord for keeping alive!


And this is “camping”! The electric toothbrush is at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment